November 30 2009- Build Notes
Welcome to patch 184.108.40.2067
- Preorder account bonuses will now be granted to new characters created on accounts flagged appropriately. This includes study speed bonuses, mounts, pets, and founder heirloom items.
- The Dawning has started - NPCs in the the starting zones and capital cities will lead you through 50 custom quests (across all levels) and several dailies in a quest to save the world from a powerful Storm brewing on the horizon.
- The War between Triasha's Warseeders and the Animated of Xukiss has expanded into the ruins of the city of Nazrun. Multiple new quests and content for level 31-34 players.
- The Circle of the Ourobi in Asheran has been moved closer to the center of town.
- One of the heroes of Alganon's past has retired to the Asharr district of Westshallow. He spends his days enjoying fine ale and the retired life.
- Ashley Riddell and her wolf Jade are the newest citizens of Greenvale. Ashley sells puppies to any who are interested.
- Warpriest Ambrais has joined the Cleansing Flame at Westport. He offers trade goods and is ready to smite any Kujix foolish enough to enter the city.
- Hakiem, the Storyteller has settled down in Asheran. He offers the secret of immortality to those who know the value of a good story.
- Many pieces of plate armor have new appearances, as do some of the starting armors.
- New crafting items, powerful rewards, mounts, and pets specific to the Dawning, have been added.
- Four new death stones have been added to northern Teldis.
Class Changes and Combat enhancments
- Second Sight now increases your accuracy and critical strike chance during Trance by 1/2/3/4/5%.
- Trance now has a 15 second duration.
- Deathwalk now has a 15 second duration.
- Divination ability Favor of Death redesigned. Now causes Deathwalk to grant 1/2/3/4/5 Divine Favor at the end of its duration.
- Divination ability Healing Boon redesigned. Increases your spellpower by 1/2% per point of Divine Favor held.
- New Divination ability: Divine Grace. Increases your movement speed by 1/2/3% per point of Divine Favor held.
- Touch of Hatred now instantly heals you and your grouped allies if you are holding 5 points of Divine Favor when it is cast.
- Touch of Hatred's cast time has been reduced to 1.5 seconds.
- Oppressive Heat now improves the spellpower coefficient of Flamebolt by 2/4/6/8/10%.
- Improved Shatter no longer increases the healing done by Shatter. Instead, it causes the Numb effect which places a damage absorption effect on the magus protecting the caster for 1/2/3/4/5% of the magus' total spellpower in damage per stack of Frozen Blood Shattered.
- Flamebolt's casting cost reduced to 22% of base focus.
- Etherbolt's casting cost reduced to 17% of base focus.
- Aggravated Assault is now a passive DoT that is applied immediately after using Assault and no longer has a usage cost.
- Weaponry ability Jagged Wounds has been removed from game.
- New Weaponry ability: Bloodlust. Causes your regular and Riposte critical strikes to generate 1/2/3/4/5 additional anger.
- Flash of Defiance now increases damage of Shield Slam by 2/4/6/8/10%.
- Power Cleave now has a 10 second cooldown.
- Heavy Hit is now on a 6 second cooldown.
- Assault and Heavy Hit now share cooldowns (using either will cause the cooldown for the other to fire).
- Jab now causes 30% of your attack power as damage (down from 50%).
- A new rank of Jab has been added at level 50
- Tear has been removed from the game.
- New Guardianship action: Duck. Increases your dodge chance by 18% for 10 seconds. If you dodge during this time you will gain a Tactical Advantage which increases the critical strike chance of your next Mash, Arrow Stab or Rampage attack by 30%.
- Eagle Eye has been removed from the game.
- New Predation action: Torrent. Unleashes a barrage of shots, dealing normal bow damage and five times your ammo damage. These shots will be split between the primary target and up to four additional targets around it reducing the bonus damage from ammo for each additional target struck.
- Combat Medic now affects Heart Toxin instead of Power Shot.
- Blood Hound now improves the accuracy of Mash, Arrow Stab and Rampage. (Tear removed from game)
- Quickdraw now causes Arrow Stab to deal 8/16/24/32/40% additional damage (up from 5/10/15/20/25%).
- Mash and Power Shot now cost 22% of your base focus, down from 36%.
- Multiple quest fixes.
- Several members of the HUD (such as Merv) are now friendly with the Asharr (fixing their broken quests) and Merv is no longer alone in Mekka Hud.
- You will no longer receive 'You don't have the skill for this' messages for people harvesting around you.
- /who will now work correctly for all classes, not just the Soldier.
- You will now correctly receive chat feedback when you are outbid on Auction House items.
- Guard/Vendor NPCs will no longer respawn in an invulnerable state after they are killed.
EndBringer - Monday, November 30, 2009 11:37 PM
- There is a bug with accepting more that 25 quests in a single play session. Once you have accepted and completed 25 quests you will start getting messages that you can't take any more! Logging out and back in fix this.