September 09 2010- Build Notes
Welcome to 184.108.40.2062!
Server Hotfix 09/16/10
- Persistent Buffs from players will clear on logout while we work on fixing a server crash related to them. Buffs from Tribute items will still function normally.
Server Hotfix 09/14/10
- Fixed an item duplication bug.
Server Hotfix 09/10/10
- Fixed a crash bug linked to a pet.
New with 2.3
- The Magus, Ranger and Healer classes have changed significantly. All actions and abilities have been reset, and all gold spent on training has been refunded. Head to your local class trainer to retrain your actions and see what new ones are available. Be sure to check the trainer after choosing your new spec, as many ability-learned actions have additional ranks available.
- The Healer class has been given a new name; Mystic for the Asharr and Cabalist for the Kujix.
- 100 new quests have been added in the 35-49 level range in The Shimmer, Haggon Marsh, and Teldis regions.
- New mounts were added to the Tribute Market, the Bear, Aggart, Unicorn, and Pegasus mounts are now available for purchase.
- Auras were added to the tribute market, Now your character can shine with Argon's Blessing or don the Crown of Xukiss or many other glowing aura effects.
- Cosmetic improvements were made to the Character Creation system as well as a scale slider to create smaller or larger denizens of Alganon.
- Fixed a gold exploit for players who did not have the increased gold cap.
- Fixed an issue that would cause players to fall through the world in some locations.
- Players can no longer claim gold from mail that would put them over their gold cap.
- Cross Faction portals now function properly.
- Trees in Haggon Marsh now have collision.
- Fixed various typos within the game world.
- The Requisition option within the Library will now work from the general search page.
- Fixed a rare issue where textures would stretch endlessly when viewed.
- The study 'Advanced Healing Arts' now increases the Healing stat of the character that learns it.
- Fixed a rendering issue in the Asharr Starting area.
- Fixed an error with item linking when used in long text posts.
- Improved chat to properly remember the last channel used.
- The user interface's position will now save correctly and improvements were made to the Lock UI functionality.
- Looting items with the character sheet open will no longer incorrectly display an item equipped to your character as an item dropped.
- The 'You have gained 1 ability point' message will no longer display when gaining levels 2-10.
- Fixed a cosmetic issue where players could rotate their corpse while dead.
Gameplay Enhancements and Balance Improvements
- A player's selected instance difficulty now saves after logout.
- Players can now get a quick view of their equipment's condition with a durability window added to the bottom right of the screen.
- The Magus, Ranger and Healer classes have had significant changes (see above). More information on the changes to each class can be found in their respective class areas of the Alganon forums.
Amnarious - Thursday, September 09, 2010 12:59 PM
- Heavy Hit and Assault no longer share a cooldown.
- Riposte no longer activates the Global Cooldown.
- Cooldown for Fiery Shock and Electrical Shock reduced to 9 seconds.
- Afterburner has been changed: Afterburner (0-5): Fiery Shock now does 7/14/21/28/35% of its initial damage every 3 seconds for 9 seconds.
- Tesla Coil has been changed: Tesla Coil (0-5): Increases the damage of your Electrical Shock by 10/20/30/40/50%.
- You now must have the Explosion ability before putting points into Firestarter.
- You now must have the Shock and Awe ability before putting points into Lasting Shock.
- Attunement has changed: Attunement (0-5): Increases your Fire and Electrical resistances by 1/2/3/4/5 times your level and improves your critical strike chance with Fire and Electrical spells by 1/2/3/4/5%.
- The base damage from Explosion has been improved.
- Firestarter has been changed: Firestarter (0-4): Increases damage done by Explosion by 10/20/30/40%.
- Focus Fill can now be cast on any friendly player.
- Firewolf now does much more damage.
- The Firewolf Flame Ward action is now activated and maintained by the NPC's AI.
- Firewolf now lasts for 45 seconds and can be used every 3 minutes.