June 11 2009- Build Notes
Client Update - 0.7.9.1606
Click "More" for a complete list of the update notes for this version!
- The In-game library browser is now available. The Library can be accessed via the Library icon on the bar at the bottom of the screen, or via the default key binding of Y.
- Known issue: The binding may not work, if so, go into the key bindings options page and rebind the key, or delete your user configuration settings file. The path is MyDocuments\Alganon\Data, and the file name is UserConfig.xml)
- We have improved the way on-screen notifications are displayed.
- The game time is now displayed on the mini map. Note: this is in-game time, not to be mistaken for real world time. (In later patches, game time will be tied in to content, eg. mobs and resources that only spawn at certain times.)
- Local area chat channels have been created.
- Known issue: not all areas have had a their channel set up yet.
- A "/played" command has been added to display information about the current Avatar's cumulative play time.
- The client now makes use of anti-aliasing - the game looks much better now when anti-aliasing is turned on.
World and Game Play
- Updates have been made to Vendor and Trainer Data.
- Known issues: Cooking, Salvaging and Fishing has not been implemented yet. The first aid trainer is unresponsive, but recipes are available at the crafting trainer. The salvaging trainer sells general crafting.
- Players can now enter caves & interior areas! There is one at Hound's Hunt, for example. (At this early stage of development, they are empty; but you can enter and explore them.)
- New dagger models have been added.
- New alchemy recipes have been added. (However, the potions created are still in progress. They currently have no effect.)
- Multiple items have been renamed to better fit the lore of the area in which they are obtained.
Berek - Thursday, June 11, 2009 06:54 PM
- Updates have been made to Quest Tracker system to fix invalid locations.
- Fixed a bug that caused NPCs to sometimes be invisible. (This bug was fixed in windowed mode only; it may still occur in full screen.)
- Fixed a bug that would sometimes cause avatars to become invisible with only weapons showing. (This bug was fixed in windowed mode only; it may still occur in full screen.)
- Fixed a bug where visual effects would sometimes show on the player instead of the target.
- Resources will now be scaled properly.
- Fixed a scaling problem that would cause the character creation information to go off the bottom of the screen in some resolutions.
- Fixed a bug that prevented bags from accepting items when first equipped.